Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the next installment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
*THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH NEW GAMEPLAY AND STORY DETAILS FOR ASSASSIN’S CREED VALHALLA.*
Yesterday during a special live stream with renowned artist BossLogic. Ubisoft presented BossLogic putting together the official key art for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (pictured above) the latest installment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
Not much is known about the upcoming game other than it will be based on Norse Mythology and will include Vikings. Assassin’s Creed is hugely known for building their games in specific time periods and exploring the rich history of that specific time period while adding their own mythos.
Check out the official trailer below:
“Wars will rage. Kingdoms will fall. This is the age of the Vikings.” Is the tagline used by Assassin’s Creed for the game and if the trailer itself is anything to go by, this latest installment will be bloody and gruesome!
While Ubisoft has been steering away from the traditional Assassin’s Creed model which had players train and become a fully-fledged assassin. This has drawn out mixed emotions from fans of the Assassin’s Creed franchise in the most recent years. Today’s reveal was no exception.
The only thing connecting Assassin’s Creed Valhalla to the Assassin’s Creed title is the hidden blade. Which is now located at the top of the forearm, as opposed to the traditional under arm hidden blade seen in almost every installment of this game. Also, the now-iconic eagle that has become a staple in all of these games, was also seen in the trailer.
While it’s not a huge turnoff, having a hidden blade resting on the top of the gauntlet opposed to the bottom of it, it should make for interesting combat mechanics and assassinations.
Become Eivor, a mighty Viking raider, and lead your clan from the harsh shores of Norway to a new home amid the lush farmlands of ninth-century England. Explore a beautiful, mysterious open world where you’ll face brutal enemies, raid fortresses, build your clan’s new settlement, and forge alliances to win glory and earn a place in Valhalla. England in the age of the Vikings is a fractured nation of petty lords and warring kingdoms. Beneath the chaos lies a rich and untamed land waiting for a new conqueror. Will it be you?
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla arrives in the holiday season of 2020 and will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PC, and UPlay+.
A Dark Age Open World Game: Gameplay mechanics and story details for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla:
- Sail across the icy North Sea to discover and conquer the broken kingdoms of England. Immerse yourself in activities like hunting, fishing, dice, and drinking games, or engage in traditional Norse competitions like flyting – or, as it’s better known, verbally devastating rivals through the art of the Viking rap battle.
- Create and customize your own mercenary Vikings to share online, and reap the spoils when they fight alongside your friends in their own sagas. Recruit mercenaries created by other players, and add their strength to your forces.
- Grow and customize your own settlement by recruiting new clan members and building upgradable structures. Get better troops by constructing barracks, improve your weapons at the blacksmith, discover new customization options with a tattoo parlor, and much more.
- The advanced RPG mechanics of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla give you new ways to grow as a warrior and a leader. Influence the world around you while acquiring new skills and gear to suit your playstyle. Blaze your own path across England by fighting brutal battles and leading fiery raids, or form strategic alliances and triumph by your wits. Every choice you make in combat and conversation is another step on the path to greatness.
- Unleash the ruthless fighting style of a Viking warrior and dual-wield axes, swords, or even shields against fierce, relentless foes. Choose your tactics and dismember opponents in close-quarters combat, riddle them with arrows, or assassinate them with your hidden blade.
- Lead your people in massive assaults against Saxon armies and fortresses, and expand your influence far beyond your settlement’s borders. Command a crew of raiders and launch lightning-fast surprise attacks from your longship to claim your enemies’ riches for your clan.
Pre-order, Season Pass and DLC details:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gold Edition: the base game and the season pass
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition: the base game, the season pass, and the ultimate pack, which includes exclusive customization content, like the Berserker Gear Pack, the Berserker Settlement Pack, the Berserker Longship Pack, and a set of Runes used to improve weapons and gear.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Collector’s Edition: everything included in the Ultimate edition, plus a replica of Eivor and her longship (30 cm height), a collector’s case, a steel book, a numbered certificate of authenticity, a Viking statuette of Eivor with his raven and Dane Ax (5 cm high), exclusive lithographs, and a selected soundtrack. This version will only be available on the Ubisoft store.
For more news and updates on the latest games make sure to keep it locked right here at The Nerdy Basement.