The Roku Channel Debuts 30 “Roku Originals” on Streaming Day
Roku has announced the debut of 30 new Roku Originals that are set to premiere on the Roku Channel on May 20th. includes award-winning and scripted series, such as “Die Hart,” “#FreeRayshawn” and “Reno 911!,” documentaries, such as “Blackballed” and “Big Rad Wolf,” and alternative and reality programming, including “Punk’d” and “Chrissy’s Court.” Roku Originals will be available exclusively on The Roku Channel in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
Coinciding with the launch on May 20, Roku is partnering with Laugh Out Loud, the multi-platform comedy brand founded by Kevin Hart, to bring LOL! Network, a linear channel featuring a curated collection of the boldest voices in comedy, to The Roku Channel. It will join The Roku Channel’s lineup of more than 190 live linear streaming channels.
- “LOL’s partnership with Roku is the culmination of a lot of hard work by two great teams, and I’m excited that both Die Hart and LOL! Network will be available on The Roku Channel,” said Kevin Hart. “Our mission is to keep the world laughing, whether that’s through the action and laughs in Die Hart or the best in comedy on LOL! Network, this partnership allows us to further that mission by bringing laughs to millions of viewers on Roku.”
- “Reno 911! has that sort of magic that people can’t forget, and we can’t wait for new generations of streamers to discover something that’s been so close to our hearts,” said Thomas Lennon. Robert Ben Garant continued, “The show has been on an incredible journey and we’re excited it gets to continue on The Roku Channel.” Kerri Kenney-Silver concludes, “There’s nothing more satisfying than bringing even more of Reno’s signature shenanigans to Roku’s extensive audience.”
“Will the record reflects that my mom/head bailiff in charge, Pepper, and I are beyond excited to bring Chrissy’s Court to the biggest screen in the home,” said Chrissy Teigen. “There’s no more hung jury on Chrissy’s Court – justice is getting served on The Roku Channel!”
The Roku Channel will be the exclusive destination for viewers in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. to stream Roku Originals for free. Programs available on May 20 include:
- “About Face”
- “Bad Ideas with Adam Devine”
- “Big Rad Wolf”
- “Chrissy’s Court”
- “Cup of Joe”
- “Die Hart”
- “Fight Like a Girl”
- “The Fugitive”
- “Gayme Show”
- “Iron Sharpens Iron”
- “Last Looks”
- “Let’s Roll with Tony Greenhand”
- “Most Dangerous Game”
- “Murder House Flip”
- “Murder Unboxed”
- “Reno 911!”
- “Shape of Pasta”
- “Thanks a Million”
- “You Ain’t Got These
In addition, Roku will be offering special Streaming Day retail sales:
- In the U.S. get $10 off the Roku Streaming Stick+, $30 off both the Roku Streambar and the Roku Ultra, and $5 off the Roku Express (May 16-29, 2021).
- Canadian customers can get $5 off Roku Express, $10 off Roku Streaming Stick+, and $30 off the Roku Streambar (May 19-28, 2021).
- Streamers in the U.K. can get £5 off Roku Express, £10 off Roku Streaming Stick+ through May 25, 2021. Additionally, the Roku Streambar will be available for £30 off from May 19-June 8, 2021.
The Roku Channel is available on Roku devices, Web, iOS and Android devices, Amazon Fire TV and select Samsung TVs and can be accessed internationally in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.
For more film, gaming, anime, and TV news, trailers, and updates make sure to keep it locked right here at The Nerdy Basement. While you’re here, please consider supporting us on Patreon! It’s an easy way of supporting us so we can keep proving you with your Nerdy News!
Founder/Editor-in-Chief of The Nerdy Basement.